Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking For Breast Cancer

Once again my oldest daughter has undertaken the task of walking for the cure of breast cancer. Last year she walked for 3 days in Boston, MA. This year she has decided to walk it in Washington, DC.

Here is her message:

Please support me as I take an amazing journey in the fight to end breast cancer! The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

I did this walk last year in Boston, MA and instantly became addicted. Every ounce of sweat and every bit of hard work is worth it! After months of fundraising, training, and hard work, it was all paid off after finishing the 60 miles! I have never felt to accomplished and doing something so great for an amazing cause! I can't wait to share this experience with my friend Brian Flowers this year in Washington DC in September! Thanks for your support.

Last year I got past my goal of $2300 and hope to pass my goal this year of $3000! Please visit my personal page, check it out, and donate!

Donate Here

Thanks in advance! :)


Every little bit helps. We have all been touched in someway by this disease whether it be family or friends.

1 comment:

Jennifer Brodie said...

Walking 60 miles in 3 days is no mean feat! That'll be fun to try a different city this year. Hope the weekend's a good one and thanks to your daughter for walking for a cure.